Today’s walk was lovely, a perfect mixture of sunshine and coldness. We are approaching my favourite season as well. I love the colours of Spring.
Once Charlie was down for his afternoon nap, I went in to the kitchen and whipped up some delicious, dairy-free banana nut muffins (an Annabel Karmel recipe). I made 12 muffins. Perfect for breakfasts this week, and a lovely little snack with a coffee.
Banana Nut Muffins:
- 2 eggs
- 120ml maple syrup
- 120ml sunflower oil
- 85g peanut butter
- 150g banana (ripe)
- 200g self raising flower
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g sultanas
- Beat the eggs, syrup, oil together in a bowl.
- Mush together the banana and peanut butter, then add to the syrup/oil mixture.
- In a large bowl, pour the flour, sugar, baking powder and sultanas.
- Add the wet mixture and mix with a handheld mixer for 1 minute.
- Spoon in to 12 cases in a muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven at 160c for 20-25 minutes.